I have quite an embarrassing memory but it’s one of the
most creative things I’ve ever been a part of. Every Wednesday, a group of
kids, including myself, would go to my church for our children choir practice.
Rehearsal started at 4 and school let out at 3:15. That gave us kids forty-five
minute to play Sewer God Monster Tag in the basement of the church. Sewer God
Monster tag was this like running adventure series that we played. We’d go to
the classroom with the circular table with the hole in the middle, flush
ourselves down the “toilet” to enter the sewer world in which we played a
mixture of hide and seek and freeze tag. Every week we played that game and I
remember it being the time of my life. Unaccompanied children in the basement
of a church playing in a pretend sewer. That was the life.
How have I recently been creative when solving a problem?
This one’s pretty tough. I have problems with school and relationships but they
aren’t resolved in a creative way. The
answer to those are time management and communication. Perhaps I now have an
example after the completion of Hairspray. During the Saturday afternoon
performance, half of the council kids missed the cue to come up the stairs.
Instead of splitting the stage between four couples we had to split it between
two. Of course we didn’t know this until we were already on stage. We covered
it fine and it’s not like the audience had any idea we messed up. We could have
froze and made it obvious that there was a mistake but we didn’t. I wouldn’t
call our solution extremely creative. I would say our covering of the scene was
innovative.
I thought it was pretty creative of Batgirl to pick up on
the sister’s perfume smell. She smelled the scent in the apartment and also at
the scene. The connection of the miniscule detail allowed for her to know that
she was at the right place. I think it’s funny she could pick up on the smell
but not the brother/sister relationship.
Your childhood story is too funny! The fact that you enjoyed playing in a sewer just shows how creative and innocent our minds are when we are young. I also had choir in my church every wednesday after school but we never came up with sewer god monster tag! I like your criticism of Bargirl noticing the smell, something difficult to pick up so strongly, but not realizing the brother-sister relationship, something much easier to see.
ReplyDelete