After
meditating I felt pretty relaxed. I was once part of a group that practiced
yoga and meditation for like 5 hours a day for a week. I found it extremely beneficial.
It’s very hard to keep up on it though, but it was so cleansing. I think if
given the chance again to have a week retreat of meditation and yoga I would
take it because how I felt afterwards. I wish I could explain it better. We did
this practice that released these built up emotions. While meditating people became
angry and frustrated and upset. We got in touch with this bad feeling and then,
through meditation, those feelings dissipated. After finishing this certain technique there
was just a lightness. Our bodies were released of all these negative energies
and it was truly amazing how wonderful it felt afterwards.
I
would say I have all 3 relationships. The utilitarian, and pleasure are easily
defined but I feel that I have a friendship of virtue with my best friend from
home. There’s such a deep understanding and appreciation between the two of us.
No matter what decision either of us makes, the other will always be
supportive. Along with that friendship I think that another friendship could
possible grow into a friendship of virtue. There’s an understanding between us
but there’s not a commitment on either of our parts (yet). Without that
commitment though, it won’t be able to grow into a friendship of virtue.
Multiple factors contribute to why there’s no commitment. They’re simple
factors that can be overcome. Once these factors are overcome and a commitment
is established, we’ll be able to have a friendship of virtue.
No comments:
Post a Comment